We are pleased to announce our participation in the GeoKnow project. Geoknow addresses a bold challenge in the area of intelligent information management: the exploitation of the Web as a platform for geospatial knowledge integration as well as for exploration of geographic information.
For more information please visit the project website or our research page.
Semantics and related stories in the news
- 5 Keys to Successfully Using Big Data - Smart Data Collective
- What you missed in Big Data: the numbers don't lie - SiliconANGLE (blog)
- Big Data Fuels China's Film Industry Gold Rush - Worldcrunch
- How Can Big Data Help Low-Income Students? - EdSurge
- FTC warns companies not to use big data to exclude consumers - Computerworld
- Video: The Next Frontier for Big Data - Wired
- Protecting Privacy from Big Data: Putting the Cart Before the Horse - EFF
- How Big Data Is Helping to Save the Planet - CIO
- FTC chief: 'Big data can have big consequences' - The Hill
- NSF wants to develop regional big data hubs - FedScoop
Ontos contributes to the Linked Data Cloud
The Linked Data Cloud consists of datasets that have been published in the linked data format.
Ontos is proud of the Ontos News Portal being added to the linked data cloud. The Ontos News Portal takes advantage of Ontos natural language processing technology to extract data from varied news sources. The data is then merged with existing data and stored. For more information about the news portal visit the news portal page.
The Ontosearch portal provides a search interface for accessing these data sets in your browser.