We are pleased to announce our participation in the GeoKnow project. Geoknow addresses a bold challenge in the area of intelligent information management: the exploitation of the Web as a platform for geospatial knowledge integration as well as for exploration of geographic information.
For more information please visit the project website or our research page.
Semantics and related stories in the news
- Cloudera Big Data Partnership Adds Azure Options - Visual Studio Magazine (blog)
- Ebola and big data - The Economist
- 4 Big Data Strategies IT Should Steal from Marketers - Datamation
- Big Data: New Oil or Snake Oil? - Wired
- Why you keep failing at big data (hint... it's your vendors' fault) - TechRepublic
- Big Data Projects: Developing Vision and Business Requirements - CMSWire
- The Future of Big Data – Big Data 2.0 - ClickZ
- Big data is a powerful weapon in the fight for equality - The Hill (blog)
- 0xdata: Big data and machine learning's sleeping giant - UPI.com
- Chicago And Big Data - TechCrunch (blog)
Ontos contributes to the Linked Data Cloud
The Linked Data Cloud consists of datasets that have been published in the linked data format.
Ontos is proud of the Ontos News Portal being added to the linked data cloud. The Ontos News Portal takes advantage of Ontos natural language processing technology to extract data from varied news sources. The data is then merged with existing data and stored. For more information about the news portal visit the news portal page.
The Ontosearch portal provides a search interface for accessing these data sets in your browser.