We are pleased to announce our participation in the GeoKnow project. Geoknow addresses a bold challenge in the area of intelligent information management: the exploitation of the Web as a platform for geospatial knowledge integration as well as for exploration of geographic information.
For more information please visit the project website or our research page.
Semantics and related stories in the news
- Game, Set, Big Data: Technology Makes Mark on US Open - Wall Street Journal (blog)
- Why the "Three Vs" May not Help your Big Data Initiative - Information Management (blog)
- When Big Data Maps Your Safest, Shortest Walk Home - Next City
- Space: Next Big Data Frontier? - InformationWeek
- How 'Big Data' is Transforming Today's Healthcare Sector - NJ Spotlight
- Recommendation Engines: The Reason Why We Love Big Data - Forbes
- The ultimate limitation of big data for development - SciDev.Net
- Unlocking the true potential of big data - TechRadar UK
- 'Big Data' Expansion = ETF Opportunity - ETF.com
- Big Data: Creating the Power to Move Heaven and Earth - MIT Technology Review
Ontos contributes to the Linked Data Cloud
The Linked Data Cloud consists of datasets that have been published in the linked data format.
Ontos is proud of the Ontos News Portal being added to the linked data cloud. The Ontos News Portal takes advantage of Ontos natural language processing technology to extract data from varied news sources. The data is then merged with existing data and stored. For more information about the news portal visit the news portal page.
The Ontosearch portal provides a search interface for accessing these data sets in your browser.